Everybody loves a great cup of coffee however seldom of us want to go extra mile to do everything in our power to make that happen. If you want to get a perfect coffee whenever you want, without leaving the comfort of your home, you have come to the right place. Coffee, no matter what type you may be passionate about, only tastes perfect when it has three things. Good taste, being hot and fresh. Imagine if you can actually grind the beans and brew your own coffee at home. How fresh and aromatic it would be? For that, the single most important piece of coffee equipment you can own is the coffee grinder. Life is too short to be displeased with bad coffee. The complex compounds present in the coffee beans, is what creates the aroma and flavor of the brew.
However these compounds are not stable that is why they taste change. Through precise and perfect oxidation process, the desirable components of taste and aroma are being released from coffee beans. The process starts when you grind these beans. When you grind your own coffee beans, you have complete authority over the desired taste for your cup. Owning a coffee grinder is much more rewarding than upgrading your coffee machine. A good grinder can make the best out of your coffee experience as it adds more flavor and freshness.
Unlike other electronic devices, you will want a slower speed for your grinder to prevent your coffee for heating up while its grounding. Slower speed means slower static leading to a clean and smooth cup of coffee. If we compare the beans you might not know the fact that stale coffee is bitter than it has to be and lack flavor. On contrary, freshly ground coffee can feature incredible and wild flavors. With your own coffee grinder you can determine the strength and taste of your coffee.
Before jumping, let us tell you what kind of coffee grinders is available in market. The coffee grinders are usually available in few types. Let us tell you briefly about these.
Blade grinders usually work with the blade it’s obvious! These blades produce coffee grinds that are less uniform in size as compare to other types of grinders. This unevenness results in unpredictable brew. However these types of coffee grinders are cheap and can be easily fit in your budget.
Burr coffee grounders have two serrated plates that comes together to rotate rapidly and literally crush the beans rather than cutting them (like Blade grinders). They produce uniform size of grinded beans. You can have a plenty of control over the consistency of grounds by adjusting the distance between these burrs.
Manual coffee grinders are another type of grinders and as the name suggests these grinders require hard work. From home brewing to barista champions, these hand coffee grinders give extra flavor to your coffee. These types of grinders are quieter and nostalgic to be used. However they might slow you down to have that kick start morning coffee.
With so many options available out there we created a list for you to describe the 10 best coffee grinders. You can have a happy caffeinating with these grinders suit your budget and are best in performance.
Best Coffee Grinders Of 2019:
|Grind Settings||Type||RPMS||Portafilter Holder|
|Capresso 560.01 Infinity||16||Burr||420||No|
|Norpro Coffee Grinder||-||Manual/Handy||-||No|
1. Baratza Vario:
For those of you who are serious about grinding your own coffee at home, this versatile coffee grinder is perfect for you. It has a sleek appearance with penchant of bringing out different flavors of coffee. Hundreds of grinding settings in Baratza will guarantee impeccably even grind. It will not only give you that perfect mouthwatering hot café –like coffee at home, but is also a versatile addition to your kitchen.
- For different brewing styles, Baratza offers 230 brew settings for you. These settings give you aromatic coffee from espresso to whatever you want.
- Baratzo offers high performance when it comes to grinding your coffee. The professional ceramic flat burrs are 54mm in length and provide sharpness for throughput.
- The built-in digital timer in this coffee grinder makes sure to deliver perfect and precise dosing.
- The programmable buttons have 3 repeatable presets in one-touch for grinding.
- There is a heavy duty all metal portaholder in Baratza coffee grinder that allows the coffee grind directly in the portafilter.
- The digital timer and programmable buttons makes this grinder easy to use.
- With a simple slide of the lever, this grinder can handle any style of coffee from fine and smooth to coarse.
2. Breville Smart:
This programmable conical burr grinder maximizes the optional of your coffee. The Breville coffee grinder will upgrade your coffee level. Compare to other professional grade grinders, this grinder is more affordable and convenient. Multiple settings and digital timer settings makes this coffee grinder a great addition to your kitchen and that is why it is 2nd on list.
- There are 60 precise grind settings in this coffee grinder. These will transform your coffee from espresso to super cold brews. With this you can either grind directly in to poltafilter, gold tone filter basket, container or paper filter.
- The electronic timer allows users to allow grind time in 0.2 seconds. These sets give consistent dose every time.
- The coffee bean capacity in this grinder is 18 ounce with a locking system. This system allows the easy removal, storage and transfer of the bean hopper.
3. Baratza Encore:
For coffee aficionados, Bratza encore has an entry-level reputation. This coffee grinder has a great value for money and minimalistic. This coffee grinder is designed professionally but for home use so you can get that outstanding café experience right in your kitchen. For different styles of coffee at home, this conical burr grinder is exceptional in producing constant and even grinds. Baratza Encore remains sharp for years and is durable.
- This coffee grinder has 40 grind settings that can be quickly adjusted and will offer you perfect cup of coffee from fine to French press.
- To maximize the freshness the grind in Encore ranges from 250 to 1200 microns.
- High torque DC motors smoothly drives the burr, making this grinder great for manual brewing and espresso.
- The circuitry is equipped with automatic resetting. The grinder can also be user calibrated.
- The Encore uses the arrangement of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr.
- The electronic speed controller is adjustable, from 405 to 495 RMP. The low speed reduces noise, heat and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures if the beans are feeding smoothly in to the burrs.
- Burrs in this coffee grinder can easily be removed without any tools, to make the cleaning very easy.
- The Encore has an easy front-mounted on/off pulse button and 8 to 1.1. Sec grinding speed.
- During the extended grind time the motor of the Encore keeps the bean cool.
4. Capresso 560.01 Infinity:
This commercial grade solid coffee grinder is unique and works efficiently to provide that smooth hot cup of coffee for you. Capresso Infinity offers settings from extra fine to coarse for espresso. The only grinder in the list till now, which can make you have that Turkish coffee at home comfort. This fine home coffee grinder can ticks many positives at an amazing price.
- The conical steel burrs of Capresso Infinity have an advanced cutting design for high precision grinding.
- The setting is divided in to four categories: extra fine for that ultrafine Turkish coffee, fine, regular and coarse.
- The especially designed grinding heads cut the angles and shape of the steel burrs to 0.1mm precision.
- The coffee container of this grinder is tight-fitting and it can hold up to 4oz. of ground coffee. The bean container is see-through and holds up to 8.8oz of beans.
- The slowest motor reduction reduce noise and create little static build-up. It not only creates less friction but the heat build-up preserves maximum aroma and flavor.
- This grinder is easy to use by just pointing the black dot on the container to the finest settings. The timer can be set from 5 to 60 seconds as per your desired cup of coffee.
- The Capresso Infinity has a safety lock system. The upper conical burr is removable and makes it easy to clean when done.
5. Mr Coffee:
This multi setting grinder can change your coffee game in seconds. By changing the density and coarseness of your coffee Mr Coffee allows you to either have that espresso or with perfect blend for the French press and whatever comes in between. This electric coffee grinder makes customized coffee from 4-12 cups. For richer aroma and freshest taste it is a must have appliance for you.
- This grinder has 6 imported automatic variable settings. It is not only a coffee but spice grinder as well.
- Coffee is ideal for coarse, medium or fine grinding of coffee beans.
- The cleanup is fairly easy with Mr. Coffee. The chamber maid cleaning system of this coffee grinder sweeps the chamber walls to reduce mess and waste.
- It offers 12 cups of aromatic coffee.
- All settings deliver desired consistency in relative quick time.
6. Bodum Bistro:
Any coffee connoisseur will tell you that in order to develop that full flavor profile of coffee; they must be grounded right before contacting with the hot water. This electronic coffee grinder knows it deals. It will continuously twists the upper bean container to determine how the finely the coffee have grounded. Although Bodum Bistro is not a high quality grinder but the reason it is on this list is only because it is very cheap and easy to maintain and clean.
- This innovative coffee grinder is very good at eliminating grinder static issues.
- This coffee grinder has 12 settings to make you have a new type of coffee every day.
- These settings are from coarse to fine and delivers the ideal grind for any brewing method.
- Bistro coffee grinder comes with a borosilicate glass container that catches the grounds. This glass catcher is static free thus reducing the amount of overall static and jumping grounds of coffee. With this anti-static glass the fine coffee grinds don’t cling in the bottom.
- The tight silicone lid makes this coffee grinder a no-spill one. This lid has an easy to read measuring guide underneath.
- There is a pre-set timer on this grinder that allows you to grind the exact amount of the coffee grounds needed while preventing waste and keeping the beans fresh altogether.
- The burr itself is made up of stainless steel and is conical means that it provides consistent grind without any required sharpening.
- The grinder is adjustable and can make you choose from French Press to espresso with ease.
- There is a silicon band around the grinder that makes this grinder anti-slip and allows for a firm grip.
- This grinder has a metal body made of aluminum and is equipped with friction clutch that prevents damage to grinding gear.
This is a blade grinder. Many of us prefer having an automatic and burr grinders, but this blade grinder is one of a kind. It is made up of well-built machinery. The design has some artistic touch with red shades to make your morning a bright one. They say the blade grinder gives inferior flavor of coffee but KitchenAid is unique. The heavy duty body grinds enough beans for up to 12 cups of fresh coffee.
- The one-touch control allows the operation at a mere touch of a button. Just push down the button to allow grinding and release to stop.
- The clear top cover allows you to easily see the consistency of the coffee grounds.
- The stainless steel offers durability and powerful performance for grinding.
- The 4oz. stainless steel bowl features measurement markings so you might know the quantity of your desired coffee beans. The bowl is removable and lifts out making it easier to transfer fresh grounds to create that splendid mug of coffee.
- KitchenAid comes with a 1 year warranty.
8. Baratza Virtuoso:
Baratza is consistently on this list as they produce finest coffee grinders and Virtuoso is one of them. This grinder is best for manual brewing fancier. With its high performance and wonderful results this grinder has been loved by many. The motor and burr design of Virtuoso surpasses many conventional coffee grinders.
- The 240 watt DC motor of this coffee grinder produces 40 settings from espresso to press.
- There is a pulse mounted front button that is easy to use when grinding directly into a brew basket.
- The bean hopper in this grinder is 8oz while the ground container is of 5oz.
- The burrs are 40mm commercial grade that work together with the heavy motor to reduce friction and heat and grinds extremely steadily beans.
- This is one of the best everyday grinders in production with its unique setting and versatile design.
- It offers you every brew style with its unique 40 steps of settings.
9. Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder:
This is a step up grinder for those who are looking to get technical with their grinds and like to experiment. This commercial quality grinder is designed especially for everyday use at home or office. With its brilliant burrs, this coffee grinder will be sure to keep up with your daily coffee needs.
- There are 50mm commercial grade grinding burrs in this coffee grinder that grinds the beans directly into the portafilter for simple operation.
- It features a metal removable fork to hold the portafilter in place.
- The powerful 166 watts motor is proficient in performing quiet operation whiel spinning at 1725 RPM’s.
- All units of this extravagant grinder are tested before sending to you that is why when you receive the package you might find a little residue of coffee left in the grinder already.
- The tinted hopper has a 0.6lb capacity.
- This coffee grinder features simple controls. You can change the settings with a simple unlock of the lever. It spins and grounds the coffee in seconds into a powdered form.
10. Norpro Coffee Grinder:
Last but not the least in the list of best coffee grinders is this stylish manual grinder from Norpro. While many other coffee grinders are cylinder in shape, Norpro is antique-inspired and might take you in era of coffee cafes when there was no electricity.
- It has an antique look. The old charm of grinding coffee beans manually comes back with this classic grinder.
- Norpro features an adjustable grinder and a storage drawer.
- The adjustable settings are easy to operate from fine to coarse depending on your personal choice.
- It is easy to use by just pouring the coffee in to the bowl and manually steer the handle while the grounded coffee falls in the drawer.
- Having a chestnut color, this manual coffee grinder is a perfect piece for your kitchen decor as well.
We have gathered the best coffee grinders just for you to make you experiment with your brew routine. These outstanding grinders surpass excellence with their performance and quiet operation. We make sure to add almost every type of grinders from manual to automatic and burrs. These grinders will take coffee aficionados to next and upgraded level. Just remember to get a perfect cup of coffee with a home grinder; you not only need a perfect grinder but also fresh beans. If beans are not fresh the whole coffee game can be changed. How you grind your beans affects how good your coffee is brewed. No matter which type of coffee grinder you might choose, you are on your way to add more flavors in your life.